You can find AF1T’s complete document on “Optical Communications” under the “AF1T On Antennas” tab.
Hope to see you at the March 12 meeting at 7:30 the topic will be
Optical Communications or Talking Over A Beam of Light
Happy New Year! The CVRC celebrates its 60th Anniversary in 2019. As your elected Vice-President, I am expected to solicit Club programs. Input from you, the Members, is needed to keep our Meetings interesting. If you have a specific topic and presenter in mind, please let me know at: Tel. 428-3840, or email email@example.com I will pursue the suggestion. Detailed contact information will help.
Monthly meetings are normally held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, at The Hopkinton Library in Contoocook, at 61 Houston Drive, off of Pine Street.
2019 CVRC MONTHLY MEETINGS- TENTATIVE PROGRAMS
- Jan. 8: Show and Tell – Bring your projects or gadgets to show us!
- Jan. 15- Alternate snow date if Jan. 8 Meeting is postponed.
- Feb. 12: Digital Communications
- March 12: Optical Communications – Talking Over a Beam of Light. AF1T, N1JHJ, and W1RGA.
- April 9: 60th Anniversary Program – Club History.
- May 14: S.O.T.A. – Summits-On-The-AIR. -Portable Operating.
- June 11: Field Day Program
- July 9: Field Day Wrap-Up Program TBD.
- Aug 13, Sept 10, October 8, Nov. 12 Programs to be determined.
- Nov. 12 – Election of 2020 Officers
December – No meeting at Library. Annual Family Christmas Party will be
held at a local restaurant.
Business Meetings normally take place two weeks after the regular Meetings. All Members are invited to participate in Club affairs.
Dale Clement, AF1T
- January 19-21: ARRL VHF Contest. Rules at http://www.arrl.org Click on Contest Corral. Look for Club Members on 146.52, 223.50, 446.00 MHz FM, and other VHF/UHF Bands.
- March 2-3: ARRL DX Contest Phone.
- Feb. 16-17: ARRL DX Contest CW.
- March 17: CVRC Flea Market and Hamfest Community School, Western Ave., Henniker, NH. – This is our Big Event. We need volunteers!
- May 3-4: NEARFEST Deerfield Fairgrounds.
- May 4-5? NEQP – New England QSO Party Contest.
- June 8-10: ARRL VHF Contest.
- June 22-23: Field Day at AF1T QTH Henniker, NH.
- July 20 or 21? CVRC Family Picnic Elm Brook Park, Contoocook, NH.
- December? Annual Christmas Party. Date and location TBD.
Dale Clement, AF1T
The annual election of officers was held at the November 13th general meeting. Elected for the 2019 year were new and returning officers:
- President: Larry Beagle
- Vice President: Dale Clement
- Secretary: Steve Jones
- Treasurer: Mickie Clement
Actually, they are all returning, some with time off. Thank you to those who ran. A big thanks to Jen Shaw, K1JNE, retiring after years of service to the club as President.
Minutes for the CVRC General and Business meetings of October and November 2018 have been added to the 2018 Minutes page.