The CVRC Emergency Preparedness Exercise, “Field Day”, will take place 2 PM, Sat., June 22 until 2 PM on Sunday, June 23. The location will be at the property of Dale and Mickie Clement (AF1T and W1MKY) – 49 Corbin Road, in Henniker (for GPS, put, 1 Tower Road). We will be operating with generators and pre-existing antennas. If you wish to participate, please call us, ahead, at 428-3840. Also, let us know if you want one or more meals at $5.00 each. There will be Sat. Lunch at Noon, Supper at 6 PM, Sunday Breakfast at 8 AM, and Sunday Lunch at 2 PM. We will need operators and loggers, and a few people to help put up the tent at 10 AM on Friday, and to help with take down after Lunch on Sunday. Drinks are provided for the whole weekend. We hope you will visit, and maybe get on the air for an hour or two. To get all of the available Bonus Points, we will need a site visitation from an elected official and a representative of an agency (eg. Red Cross, Emergency Management, Law Enforcement). Can someone arrange a Site Visitation?
Happy New Year! The CVRC celebrates its 60th Anniversary in 2019. As your elected Vice-President, I am expected to solicit Club programs. Input from you, the Members, is needed to keep our Meetings interesting. If you have a specific topic and presenter in mind, please let me know at: Tel. 428-3840, or email email@example.com I will pursue the suggestion. Detailed contact information will help.
Monthly meetings are normally held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, at The Hopkinton Library in Contoocook, at 61 Houston Drive, off of Pine Street.
2019 CVRC MONTHLY MEETINGS- TENTATIVE PROGRAMS
- Jan. 8: Show and Tell – Bring your projects or gadgets to show us!
- Jan. 15- Alternate snow date if Jan. 8 Meeting is postponed.
- Feb. 12: Digital Communications
- March 12: Optical Communications – Talking Over a Beam of Light. AF1T, N1JHJ, and W1RGA.
- April 9: 60th Anniversary Program – Club History.
- May 14: S.O.T.A. – Summits-On-The-AIR. -Portable Operating.
- June 11: Field Day Program
- July 9: Field Day Wrap-Up Program TBD.
- Aug 13, Sept 10, October 8, Nov. 12 Programs to be determined.
- Nov. 12 – Election of 2020 Officers
December – No meeting at Library. Annual Family Christmas Party will be
held at a local restaurant.
Business Meetings normally take place two weeks after the regular Meetings. All Members are invited to participate in Club affairs.
Dale Clement, AF1T