Hope to see you at the March 12 meeting at 7:30 the topic will be
Optical Communications or Talking Over A Beam of Light
Happy New Year! The CVRC celebrates its 60th Anniversary in 2019. As your elected Vice-President, I am expected to solicit Club programs. Input from you, the Members, is needed to keep our Meetings interesting. If you have a specific topic and presenter in mind, please let me know at: Tel. 428-3840, or email firstname.lastname@example.org I will pursue the suggestion. Detailed contact information will help.
Monthly meetings are normally held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, at The Hopkinton Library in Contoocook, at 61 Houston Drive, off of Pine Street.
2019 CVRC MONTHLY MEETINGS- TENTATIVE PROGRAMS
- Jan. 8: Show and Tell – Bring your projects or gadgets to show us!
- Jan. 15- Alternate snow date if Jan. 8 Meeting is postponed.
- Feb. 12: Digital Communications
- March 12: Optical Communications – Talking Over a Beam of Light. AF1T, N1JHJ, and W1RGA.
- April 9: 60th Anniversary Program – Club History.
- May 14: S.O.T.A. – Summits-On-The-AIR. -Portable Operating.
- June 11: Field Day Program
- July 9: Field Day Wrap-Up Program TBD.
- Aug 13, Sept 10, October 8, Nov. 12 Programs to be determined.
- Nov. 12 – Election of 2020 Officers
December – No meeting at Library. Annual Family Christmas Party will be
held at a local restaurant.
Business Meetings normally take place two weeks after the regular Meetings. All Members are invited to participate in Club affairs.
Dale Clement, AF1T
- January 19-21: ARRL VHF Contest. Rules at http://www.arrl.org Click on Contest Corral. Look for Club Members on 146.52, 223.50, 446.00 MHz FM, and other VHF/UHF Bands.
- March 2-3: ARRL DX Contest Phone.
- Feb. 16-17: ARRL DX Contest CW.
- March 17: CVRC Flea Market and Hamfest Community School, Western Ave., Henniker, NH. – This is our Big Event. We need volunteers!
- May 3-4: NEARFEST Deerfield Fairgrounds.
- May 4-5? NEQP – New England QSO Party Contest.
- June 8-10: ARRL VHF Contest.
- June 22-23: Field Day at AF1T QTH Henniker, NH.
- July 20 or 21? CVRC Family Picnic Elm Brook Park, Contoocook, NH.
- December? Annual Christmas Party. Date and location TBD.
Dale Clement, AF1T
The annual election of officers was held at the November 13th general meeting. Elected for the 2019 year were new and returning officers:
- President: Larry Beagle
- Vice President: Dale Clement
- Secretary: Steve Jones
- Treasurer: Mickie Clement
Actually, they are all returning, some with time off. Thank you to those who ran. A big thanks to Jen Shaw, K1JNE, retiring after years of service to the club as President.
Minutes for the CVRC General and Business meetings of October and November 2018 have been added to the 2018 Minutes page.
Our next CVRC Meeting will be at the Hopkinton Library in Contoocook on Nov. 13. At 7:30, Steve Jones, N1JHJ, will lead a “Build-a-Thon” where you can make a 6 or 10 Meter Dipole Antenna. If you want to just watch, or help make them, please, attend our first meeting back in the Library, after the Library’s fire.
For those who wish to build an antenna, email N1JHJ, at: loosconect@…. Materials to build the 2 wire antennas cost $10.00 for the 6 Meter, and $12.00 for the 10 Meter antenna.
Mark your calendars for the CVRC Family Christmas Party on Dec. 8, from 4:30 to 8:30 at the Ichiban Japanese Steak House on Manchester Street in Concord. The “Yankee Swap” will start at 6, so, if you miss the meal, please come for the Party!
Welcome to the new CVRC web site that looks much like the old site. There are a few differences that are primarily limitations of the current host, and the ability to prepare this site on short notice. Unfortunately we have yet to gain access to previous content.
If you subscribed to email of site changes on the old site, you will need to sign up again to follow this site (on the left sidebar menu). If you are a CVRC member who had posting rights, you will need to go through the process of obtaining WordPress login credentials, and then joining this site. Follow the links on the top menu bar. Comments and questions can be addressed to the moderator at the address on the Contact page.